Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1

Well, my house pretty much has almost no food, much less vegetarian food. We have a can of corn and some pasta. We won't have any decent food for a few more days, I think. My boyfriend, Steven, and I are working on looking up animal products that we are keeping an eyes out for in our food. Our biggest things to make sure we don't eat are rennet and any form of by product that we can currently recognize. Eventually, we hope to memorize what won't be in our food and make less mistakes than what is probably going to happen.

I told my mother about a month ago, and she completely forgot. She already got ground beef for dinner, and I refused to eat it. She doesn't seem to believe that vegetarianism is even a real thing. Oh well. This is for my benefit, not her understanding.

5 comments:

  1. Once you see how crappy the vegan or vegetarian diet is you will be begging for some delicious meat back in your diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tell you the truth, I happen to love it so far. It's been two weeks and it's great.

      Delete
  2. Hi you can make veg food very cheaply - products like besam/chickpea flour, tofu (cheapest in chinese shops), chickpeas. Not many people are educated about health so I would ignore the previous comment. I keep a vegan food blog, I use soymilk in cooking. Smoothies are a very easy way of getting more fruit and veg too. Add flaxseed for iron, protein, omega.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Im going on about 5 years now. I don't get sick, and I feel great everyday. And you will have to learn how to deal with people nagging you all the time about how being Vegetarian/Vegan is not healthy! Well it is healthy if you do it right :)
    Congrats xoxo
    Im going to add you on Facebook so if you have any questions just ask :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took over a year for my family to remember that I became a vegetarian. During the holidays I always bring my own dish so I can have something to eat. If visiting family I honestly just suck it up and eat side dishes and bring a snack with me. I don't think it's fair to ask all the other meat eaters to accommodate to my eating habits. The first year can be a rough transition, but stick with it and it gets easier. Also, be super careful about cheese and bread/carbs. It's really easy to use these items as snacks/filler and you'll actually gain weight if you eat too much of them.

    ReplyDelete