Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2: Eating Out

Well, I ended up being taken out to eat with a friend. We went to Denny's. At this moment, I haven't wanted to cut out milk or eggs because this transition would be a tad bit easier that way. I got a glass of water and a veggie-cheese omelet. It wasn't bad, but it's wasn't the greatest. However, I did get my first taste of a mushroom. I kind of liked it!

Eating out with people was always a fear of vegetarianism for me. My friend mocked a little bit and said that she could never do it, but that's her choice. I'm not going to force anyone to eat the way I want to eat.
This hurdle has been avoided. (: I think I'm going to make mashed potato's and cream corn for dinner. It's one of Steven's favorite meals, and I'm pretty cool with it.

I am also making a list of animal products that I don't want to have in my diet. I'll end up posting it once I'm confident that it's a decent list. So, probably in a day or two, I'd assume.

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Something else to really watch out for is Gelatin. It's in most candies (except Sour Patch Kids which are completely vegan!).

    I've ben a vegetarian for 5 years and going out is sometimes a hassle but usually not. I always avoid soup because you never know what kind of broth they use for it (like chicken broth or something). Denny's even has a veggie burger and a lot of veggie meals which is great!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl! These snacks have no animal products in them. Yummy! http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/snacks.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mushrooms are amazing, I try to eat them almost every day. I was told it is the only item in the produce section that is going to give you Vitamin D...Best for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete